Monday, February 23, 2009

The Serai

This blog is about my trip to The Serai Resort and Spa located near Chikmagalur in Karnataka.Chikmagalur is 250KMS west of Bangalore and from Chennai its 590KMS. Started from Chennai on Feb 15 2009 at 730am in Honda City. I took the PH Road which connects to the NH4 and the first stop was for Break fast at Motel Highway at Poonamalee.

From the second Toll Plaza I took the NH 46 which connects to the NH7 at Krishnagiri. Next stop was at Adyar Ananda Bhavan (A2B) at Chinnar which is 22 KMS after Krishnagiri on NH7. This is a good spacious restaurant attached to the BP outlet. This place offers good variety of veg food on the highway. Had some juice and was back on the road. Reached Bangalore at about 130PM. Took rest for the afternoon and went out for dinner at Khansama in UB city.

On Feb 16 2009 started from Bangalore at 630am. Took the inner ring road from Fraser Town and joined the NH 4. Got to drive till Nelmangala on NH4 and then take a left for the Man galore Road which is NH48. This road was under construction as it was being expanded into a four lane highway. There were quiet a few diversions up to Kunigal. After this town the road work has not started yet. I stopped at Cafe Coffee Day for breakfast. This outlet is exactly 100kms from Bangalore. Really liked the place as it was well stocked up with eatables and amazing coffee. After a break of an hour was back on the highway. The next town was Chenrayapatna and then Hassan. From here I took a right to Chikmagalur. Its a state highway but neatly maintained. The traffic was very less and road was smooth. Reached Chikmagalur at about 12noon. The resort which I had booked to stay was on the Mudigere Road about 8 kms from the town centre.


The Serai is a Coffee day Resort and Spa set in the midst of a coffee plantation. Its a luxury oasis of peace and tranquility that refreshes mind and body; a well deserved respite from modern day travails, trials and tribulations.
A very modern and splendid resort with 30 villas each consisting of a private pool with gazebo a spacious bedroom and bathroom having separate enclosures for Shower, Toilet and Bath Tub and an external shower too. There is an option for Jacuzzi Villas.

The Villa is done up with amazing interiors very contemporary and stylish furnishing. The landscaping of the resort is very well done. There is a restaurant called Odyssey offering multi cuisine food. The other facilities at the Resort are: OMA Spa, a lounge Bar, a library and Business centre ,Billiards Table and a curio shop. Cycles are available on request and there is a children's play area. The best part is the infinity pool.



For more details you may log on to theserai.in.



After a good stay of 2 nights and 3 days I was on my way back to Chennai on Feb 18 2009. Started from Chikmagalur at 2pm and took the same route. Stopped at Coffee day at about 445pm for Lunch. This time I had Chicken Briyani and Butter Chicken with parattas.Surprisingly the taste was good as coffee day is a place where one can least expect to have Briyani!!!


I reached the outskirts of Bangalore at about 645pm. As I was proceeding to Chennai I did not want to enter Bangalore City, hence I took the Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor(BMIC) which connects the NH4 with the Kanakpura Road Mysore Road Bannerghatta Road and the NH7 near Electronic City. This is a toll road. Six lane Highway. I lost my way near the Bannerghatta Exit as the BMIC is not completed fully. Here I lost an hour or so asking for directions and finally got onto the NH7 near Anekal at about 8pm. Stopped at the Renaissance Sarovar Park Hotel at Hosur for rest room break and then agian stopped for Dinner at A2B at Chinnar.

Reached Chennai at 2Am after a 12 hour Journey.

No comments: